With the dawn of a new year upon us, we’re sharing a few tips to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout 2021.
3 Healthy Lifestyle Habits for the Whole Family
We don’t always get a say in whether we avoid illness or other health issues, but we can do our best to make sure our family is as healthy as possible to fight back against any health concerns that may arise.
1. Cook at Home More
People who cook at home more tend to be healthier and happier. According to a recent study, people who cooked their meals at home consumed fewer calories, both from those homemade meals and from any food they ate at restaurants. And people who cook for more than just themselves are more likely to include a diverse range of healthy foods in their meals!
If cooking in your home often leads to lingering cooking smells, consider an indoor air purifier to remove any unwanted pollutants and odors from your home.
2. Invest in Plants
Several studies have concluded that plants offer numerous benefits to our mental wellbeing—including decreasing stress and anxiety. Plants can also increase the productivity of office workers.
3. Stick to a Bedtime Routine
Studies have shown that keeping a regular bedtime routine can help you fall asleep faster, balance your sleep, and make you feel more rested in the morning. Here are some easy steps you can add to your bedtime routine:
- Power down - Turn off all screens 30 minutes before you want to drift off to sleep. Blue light signals to our minds that we’re working, so staring at your screen before bed can make your mind take longer to shut down.
- Create a to-do list - If you struggle to shut your brain off before going to sleep, try creating a to-do list of all your tasks for the next day. That way, everything is written down, and you can put it out of your mind until you are ready to begin work in the morning.
- Add meditation or yoga - Adding a physical activity like yoga or a mental meditation to your routine helps relax your body and center your mind on yourself—not on tomorrow’s to-do list.
2 Simple Tips to Avoid Sickness
If 2020 taught us anything, it was how to avoid getting sick. Keep these tips as a way to stay healthy all year long!
1. Practice What We Preach
No one wants to repeat the past year, but the pandemic did give us great new tools and methods for coping with cold and flu seasons.
- Personal protective equipment: Keep that mask around—you never know when you will want to protect the health of yourself or your family by keeping your own breathing space in public spaces.
- Wash your hands: This is an easy one, but make sure to continue practicing good hygiene. It’s not a guaranteed method of preventing illness, but it goes a long way.
2. Invest in Your Air Quality
The air we breathe has never been under as much scrutiny. The uncertainty of how COVID spreads made many homeowners wonder if they needed to take action in their own homes. Our unique line of indoor air purifiers does a great job of keeping the air inside of your home healthy and safe. Some even fight against COVID-19! There are many benefits of an air purification system in your home—better quality air decreases the side effects of VOCs and other indoor air contaminants.
Bob's Heating & Air Conditioning offers many options to help you combat poor indoor air quality. Contact a member of our team online or by phone at (425) 689-7778 to learn which option is best for your home!