Seattle Heater Replacement & Installation
Time for a New Heater or Furnace? Call (425) 689-7778
The average heater or furnace will last around 15 to 20 years, depending on how well it’s cared for. Proper maintenance and repairs can extend the lifeline. However, there will come a time when you need a new heating unit and when that time comes, Bob’s Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you.
Our skilled HVAC technicians have the training and experience to provide reliable heater installation and replacement services in Seattle. We work quickly and efficiently to ensure your home stays warm and comfortable throughout the colder seasons.
To learn more about our heating services, call (425) 689-7778 or schedule an appointment today!
Choosing Between a Boiler or Furnace
When it comes to heating your home, there are two forms of main home heating- furnaces and boilers. Although it can be difficult to know which one is right for your home, it all depends on what you are looking for. Learning about what each one does and the benefits of each can help you decide which system is best for your home.
What is a Boiler?
Boiler systems transform water into steam in order to warm a home. They usually consist of a series of tubes installed int he subfloor of each room in the home. Hot water flows through the pipes, radiating heat from the floors to the rest of the room.
Benefits of a boiler:
- Evenly warms your home
- Energy efficient heating option
- Heats a space faster and retains heat longer
- Uses radiant heat for warm floors
- Does not dry out your home
What is a Furnace?
A gas furnace creates heat by burning natural gas. It is controlled by a thermostat, which alerts the furnace when the temperature inside a home drops below a certain point. Furnaces use a flame to heat air and then that heated air is pushed out by a fan through ducts and out of the floor vents in your home.
Benefits of a furnace:
- Less expensive than a heat pump
- Durable and long-lasting
- Provides quick heat
- Heat spreads evenly throughout the house
The choice between a boiler and a furnace comes down to which type of heating you prefer and how you prefer to warm up your home. If you are considering purchasing a new heater or furnace, contact Bob’s Heating & Air Conditioning!
Signs It's Time to Replace Your Heater
Too often homeowners waste money on costly repairs when it would be cheaper simply to replace their heater. If your system is older than 15 to 20 years, it’s time to consider getting a new heater or furnace.
Other signs it’s time to replace your heater include:
- Rising energy bills – If you’re spending more on your energy bill without changing your energy usage, it can mean your heater is old and worn out.
- No heat – If your furnace or heater fails to turn on or no longer evenly heats your home, there can be something wrong internally.
- Frequent repairs – If you find yourself frequently calling your local heater technician, it can be a sign you need to replace the whole unit. Doing so can save you money in the long run.
- Strange sounds – If rattling or screeching sounds continuously come from your heater, even after you’ve serviced the unit, it means it’s time to replace and install a new heater.
If it’s time to replace your heater or furnace, there’s only one name you should trust – Bob’s Heating and Air Conditioning. We offer fast, reliable service for top-of the line products.
Call (425) 689-7778 for trusted heating installation and replacement services that last.