Did you know that your air conditioner can lose 5% of its energy efficiency for each year it runs? Or that regular maintenance will keep your AC running at 95% of its original efficiency? These are just two of several reasons why it’s important to schedule regular maintenance on your air conditioning system in Seattle with a trusted company like Bob’s Heating & Air Conditioning.
Reasons to Schedule Maintenance
- Better energy efficiency – as we mentioned above, your air conditioner can lose up to 5% of efficiency for each year it runs. If your air conditioner is 5 years old, and you haven’t scheduled regular maintenance at all, you could be losing up to 25% in energy efficiency.
- Prevention of repairs – you can’t remove the possibility of repair needs entirely, but maintenance provides the opportunity to fix the small problems and identify any developing big ones. In addition, different components are cleaned, lubricated and adjusted during a routine maintenance appointment, which helps keep those components healthy.
- Extend the life of your system – as with many other mechanical systems, your air conditioning system works best when regularly serviced and cleaned. Your system can become stressed when just a single component malfunctions; with regular maintenance, your AC runs optimally.
What Happens During a Maintenance Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what to expect during a Bob’s Heating & Air Conditioning maintenance appointment in Seattle:
- Check of all operating pressures and refrigerant
- Testing of safety controls
- Check of all electrical connections
- Check voltages and amperages
- Testing of thermostats
- Cleaning of condenser unit
- Inspection of coils, blowers & filters
- Lubrication of all necessary parts
- Replacement of customer supply filter
- Check fan operating control
Is It Time to Schedule a Maintenance Appointment? Call Us
While spring and fall are optimal times of the year to schedule maintenance for your air conditioning in Seattle, any time is a good time if you haven’t done it for a while. We believe in maintenance so much that we have 1-and 3-year plans for our customers that offer a number of special benefits. If it’s been a while since we’ve seen you and your air conditioner, call Bob’s Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule air conditioning maintenance in Seattle.